BBQ Squid and Octopus
- 500g squid hoods or tentacles, or a mixture of both
- 500g cleaned baby octopus
- 2 long green chillies, chopped finely
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g asparagus, halved
- 500g yellow teardrop tomatoes, halved 200g cornichons, drained
- 1 large orange, sliced thickly
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- 1cm piece fresh ginger (5g), grated
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
Cut squid down center to open out; score inside diagonal pattern then cut into thick strips. Quarter octopus length ways.
Combine squid and octopus in large bowl with chili and garlic, Cover refrigerate 3 hours or overnight
Make orange vinaigrette.
Cook, steam or microwave asparagus until just tender; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain. Combine in large bowl with tomato, gherkins, orange and rocket.
Cook seafood, in batches, on lightly oiled grill plate. Add oranges and orange vinaigrette to bowl with asparagus salad: toss gently to combine.
Place orange vinaigrette ingredients in screw-top jar; shake well.
Serves 4. 1086kJ (259 cal), 31.1g protein