• 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked in cold water overnight (or 1 can, store bought) 1 can black beans, or beans of choice
• small onion, finely chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1-2 tbsp spelt flour, or cake wheat flour • 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 cup tahini
• 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp ground cumin
• 1 tbsp ground coriander
• salt and milled pepper to taste • vegetable oil, for grilling
• tomato salsa, to serve
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees and foil a large oven tray. Place all the falafel ingredients in blender and pulse until the mixture is well combined and has a thick consistency.
2. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Lightly oil your hands and roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls.
4. Heat oil in a pan and flash grill both sides until golden. Place the grilled falafel on the oven tray and bake until cooked. 5. Serve falafel with salsa.