For the wraps:
• 8-12 rice wrappers (can be found at some large retailers or specialist stores) • 200g fotu, temphe or canned black beans, cooked to taste
• 2 carrots, peeled and sliced with a julienne peeler or mandolin
• 1 red sweet pepper, thinly sliced into strips
• 1 yellow sweet pepper, thinly sliced into strips
• 4 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced into batons
• 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
• 100g bean sprouts
• a handful of fresh mint, torn
For the dipping sauce :
A cup of light soy sauce
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• a tsp sesame oil To serve: • toasted sesame seeds
• fresh coriander
1. Soak rice wrappers in warm water for a few seconds to soften.
2. Working on a clean surface, put a wet rice wrapper down and arrange layers of the filling ingredients in the middle of the wrapper. Carefully enclose the edges of the spring roll inwards, tuck one flap over the filling and roll it up tightly to enclose the filling.
3. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
4. Combine dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl, scatter sesame seeds and coriander over the wraps and serve.